Thursday, May 20, 2010

Biogas - first try

My first attempt was in the PET bottle, but it did not last a higher pressure of biogas and PET bottle exploded. Luckily it happened outside in the garden, not inside the apartment. Advised that pressure in the generator is obviously great, so I made a mini generator instead of a glass container with a lid on the thread. The lid was metal, so I drilled a hole into it and solder copper tube. Generator shoul  be able to stand on the lid, I used more cork stopper that I stuck to the lid. I bent the tube and pushed into the cut PET bottles. Hole I thoroughly sealed with silicone adhesive. PET bottles I tested the water and made a tight fit. I poured water and made into small jars, which went to freely insert snip PET bottles. It was a matter of collecting bottle to leave no air. Methane is lighter as the air and mixed with air is highly explosive. Never light first developed biogas! May contain air and lit an explosion!

What is it feeds.

On the first attempt, I gathered poultry manure, which I have filled one-third liter PET bottles. I also added the same amount of cut grass. Everything was poured by rain water about 1.2 liters. All shake thoroughly and put in a warm place. Already in few hours it begins to ferment and develop its own gas. Once again highlights the danger of explosion during the first ignition of gas. We can use this PET project aj base for a large generator, but several times each day we should to free excess pressure in the bottle. Otherwise,thread PET bottles may explode. Large generator will be feed from kitchen waste, potato peelings, food leftovers but also if the old paper cut or picked into small pieces. Furthermore, all the waste of plant origin!

No comments:

Post a Comment